Well I felted my first pair of clogs last night.
There were a few tense moments in the process but overall I think they came out alright.
Given that I had a made a few mistakes in knitting the first clog I decided to felt them individually. That way I could shape the one I had knitted correctly to the size I wanted and then work on getting the second one to conform to size.
Clog one felted just fine but about half way through, when I pulled the piece out to check on its progress, I noticed that the heel stitches had come loose. There was a small hole on the back bumper between the two soles. I added a few extra stitches using a large and very sharp needle and then continued the felting process. The piece came out great but it had a much furrier exterior than I expected.