Hello to all and a happy new year!
After lurking around here for a while, I decided to share with you my first mostly self-designed piece of probably rather useless clothing. Even using a rather thin micro-fiber acrylic yarn, the knitted garment turned out thicker than I though, so expect for the coldest winter days, I doubt that the briefs will be used very much :) I also only had the waist measurement as a starting point, so I underestimated the required slack for the hip and the thighs. At least I know where to "optimize" in a second attempt.
I'll see if I get to writing down the knitting instructions for this one, if someone is interested. The legs and the upper part are joined similar to the sleeves/body join in a raglan jumper and then I simply added some room for the front equipment and reduced slightly from the hip up to the waist rib.