since i got pretty comfortable with stranding 2 colors, i figured i had to now tackle a 3 color project. here is where i'm at so far.
Once again, this is an attempt to replicate a traditional Sarakatsan women's legging. The colors are a great match, certainly ones i can live with. they used really tightly spun single ply. i am using some commercial, fairly inexpensive worsted weight which i crudely respun/overspun in an attempt to get closer to their tightly sppun yarn.
using #1 needles, the loop height works out perfectly. however, either because i knit really tight, and/or because the yarn ends up not being a perfect match in the diamters, mine ends up being 12.5 stitches per inch whereas the original is 11/inch. Oh well, without spinning my own yarn, or getting different materials, or knitting looser, i guess it is what it is.
thanks for letting me share!