yes - this is an advertisement.
In addition to knitting I sing. Sometimes even in public. sometimes even for fiscal renumeration!
anyway - I have two CD's for sale - either of which I'm told are pleasant to listen to (yes, by people unrelated to me) and one of which in particular makes is an appropriate purchase in the Christmas season.
either or both can be ordered
via e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org
or via PayPal with the same e-mail address.
or via PM here at MWK
Don't forget a shipping address!
I'll accept cash, checks,PayPal and quite probably even barter!
some samples can be heard at:
Pricing is $12 post postpaid for one, $10 per additional CD in the same order.
'CAROLS LOUDLY BELLOWED'
17 tracks of mostly traditional Christmas carols performed by myself and friends from the cast of 'A Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles' (an annual festival in upstate NY)
The sounds of traditional street caroling as you might have heard it in the mid 1800's. Or so was the intention.
The tracks marked with an * have other vocals in addition to myself. Track 17 is a lad who has 6 years experience playing our 'Tiny Tim'
The title comes from the name of my character at the festival - Benjermin Laudley-Bellowes, Town Crier for the Village of Skaneateles, a reole I've played for 13 years.
The CD includes:
1) GLOUCHESTER WASSAIL* - (trad) 1:32
2) WE BE WISEMEN THREE - (trad/Pola) ~~1:12
3) O LITTLE TOWN OF BETHLEHEM -(P.Brooks/L.H.Radner ~ Public Domain) ~~1:16
4) WHILE SHEPHERDS WATCHED -(trad - English) ~~2:24
5) THE WINTER CAROL (Trad - Welsh) ~~0:50
6) IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER -(C. Rossetti/G. Holst ~ Public Domain) ~~1:14
7) DRIVE THE COLD WINTER AWAY -(trad - English) ~~ 1:47
8) OH HOLY NIGHT -(P. Chappeau / A. Adam ~ Public Domain) ~~2:37
9) CHILDREN GO WHERE I SEND THEE *- (trad) ~~ 5:36
10) ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH* -(trad-French) ~ - 2:16
11) 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (C. Clement Moore/ Tune: Irish Washerwoman ~ Public Domain) ~~ 2:03
12) IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR -(E.H. Sears/R.H. Willis ~ Public Domain) ~~ 1:53
13) THE FIRST NOEL *-(Trad - English) concertina, tin whistle:Jill Dornan, ~~ 1:28
14) SILENT NIGHT(S) (Mohr/Gruber et al ~ Public Domain) verse order is English, Gaelic, English, German, English ~~ 3:34
15) ADESTE FIDELES * -(J.F. Wade ~ Public Domain) ~~1:27
16) NEW YEAR'S TOAST - (lyrics & music Jeri Corlew ) ~~ 1:11
17) TINY TIM'S BLESSING* - (Charles Dickens) ~ vocal: "Duke" Norsworthy ~~0:02
'BY HER COMMAND'
An ecletic mix of vocal solos with a renaissance faire flavour. Lyrics range from those written in the 16th century to thoses written on the cusp of the 21st century.
1. Brian the King (lyric:Brian Leo, Tune traditional - by permission; Bodrhan - Kevin Pelletier) -2:52
2. The Mother's Kiss (lyric:Don Meixner ~ Tune: trad - by permission) - 2:53
3. Strange Changes (anonymous) - 1:56
4. Sir James' Reply - (lrycic,tune,vocals -Pola) - 2:45
5. The Knight and the Unicorn (Bertram of Bearington) - 1:29
6. The Wolfhound (lyrics:Alan Foster, tune traditional - by permission) - 2:58
7. Our Lager (unknown) - 1:13
8. Cruiscin Lan (trad) - 2:07
9. Mist Cover'd Mountains (trad) - 4:18
10. Wild Mountain Thyme - Revisited - 2:35
11. Lullaby for a Borrowed Child/the Uncle's Lament (lyrics,tune, vocals -Pola) - 2:01
12. Cape St. Mary's (Otto P. Kelland) - 2:47
13. Ah, Silly Pug (Lyric: E. Tudor ~ tune: trad) - 1:31
14. Baj's Hymn (Grant Foster - by petmission) - 1:16
15. New Year's Toast (Jeri Corlew - by permission) - 1:11