To all my fellow Floridians, I hope you all are safe and sound.
I made some modifications to two patterns and melded them together in this sock. Originally, it said to begin and end each row with a purl stitch. Even though it can be done, I really dislike starting a row in the round with a purl stitch; just my personal preference. So, I just moved the side cables closer to the center main cable and added three stockinette stitches on either side and decreased the purl stitches accordingly. Here is the result.
A friend of mine has a sweatshirt given to him by the Carpenters back in the 1970s. It's a white cotton sweatshirt with the Carpenters' logo stitched in red. Over the years, the red dye has bled down and has given the area under the logo slightly pink for a couple inches. Does anyone know how he might be able to get the pink bleed out without damaging the sweatshirt or the logo?
I have done some research this evening and can't find any patterns for a colostomy bag cover. A friend of mine had his perforated bowel removed a year ago and has to wear a bag now for the rest of his life unless they can figure out some way to restore things inside. Until then, he needs a bit of a boost. He hasn't been intimate with anyone so I thought he might like something a bit more than just a girdle type piece of cloth to cover it.
It took three months, but I finally finished the afghan for my son's Christmas present. Cables, oy!
I used Galway Highland Heather pure wool. Plymouth Yarn sells it. I used 10 skeins, each 210 yards. I'm not sure I will use this yarn again as it irritated my forearms and made them itch pretty badly after an hour or so. Thankfully, no rash.
Godspeed to all my fellow Floridians during this hurricane.