Re-Started: 17th June 2007
Yarn: Rohrspatz & Wollmeise superwash sockyarn, colourway "Iris Sibirica"
Needle: 2.5 mm/ US #1 Addi Turbos circs
Pattern: JayWalker by Grumperina on MagKnits
Modification: I'm doing this using the toe-up version modified by Natalia Knits and I'm also using the Magic Cast-On instead of the provisional cast-on suggested
Do you remember this JayWalker? After about two months away from it, I think I'm ready tackle it again. So I cast-on for the umpteenth time. This time, however, I'm doing the smallest size. I usually do one size up but as it turned out, it's a bit loose with the Wollmeise. I don't know why. But now that I'm doing it in the smallest size, it fits perfectly...not too tight and not too loose. But because of the change of the number of stitches, the colour pools a bit...but hey, I've learned to like pooling, especially in Wollmeise. ;-)
And for the record, I've actually frogged this try once already. That's why I'm saying that lifeline is my new best friend, because this time, I'm not going to re-do the whole thing ever again. I inserted a lifeline right before I started doing the gusset increase.
I had to frog it because I did something wonky with the heel turn and it didn't turn at all....seems like I haven't yet really mastered the art of heel from toe-up. This time when I'm finished with the gusset increase, I'm going to put the lifeline in again...so that I don't have to re-do the whole gusset increase should the heel turn fail again.