I finished a hat tonight for one nephew and a sock for another nephew for Christmas. Since the sock is the first of a pair, I'm considering it a semi-FO. I discovered a bit late that I had made the foot an inch too long. As it's a toe-up sock, I ended up having to pick up stitches in the foot and rip from the toe up to the stitches, then reknit the toe. Took a bit of doing, but it turned out okay. The only problem is that I'm too anal-retentive (yes, it is hyphenated) not to do an identical mate for it, which means premeasuring yarn for the toe, then provisional cast on at the foot.
Here's the sock before I grafted the toe:
and here's the hat:
The hat is brioche stitch to make it toasty for the Maine winter, and because it's for