I felted my clogs last Sunday and finally got around to taking some pictures, well getting the pictures off of my digital camera that is. The sneaker shows the size difference of before and after felting.
The felting process was a breeze! Each slipper in a zippered pillowcase, threw in a couple of bath towels, a total of 16 minutes and they felted perfectly. I used Paton's Classic Wool and was very pleased with the results. They are very comfy and will be great to wear this winter during the Western New York cold weather.
This spring I finished a shawl in a cotton/silk blend; in a design based on my own 'Queen Anne's Lace' shawl. (okay - it was a "mistake" that became a "feature" - if Microsoft can do it, why not moi?)
Golden Angelica is to be raffled off on the Last day of Whitby Folk week in the UK. I just heard that it was on it's way there from London.
The raffle is a private group thing by the Friends of Mudcat Cafe- though I'm sure they will be willing to sell tickets to anyone who asks...(uk only though) Funds derived from the raffle will go to support the MudCat Cafe website.
Some day, I swear, I will get "caught up" with every project I want to do. Right. sure!
My problem is I start *WAY* too many projects - I usually finish them, sooner or later, usually later. But sometimes a project has a "deadline" - sometimes crucial, sometimes not, sometimes crucial only to me.
Currently on the needles (if I haven't forgotten anything - and excluding most of the crochet stuff)
'Mystic Sea Music Stole' - crochet - no deadline as it will be auctioned for charity - whenever. it is a crochet lace edging widened and doubled to be a stole. The primary times I've worked on it have been at the Mystic Sea Music Festival - hence the name.
'Feather Fan and Vine Stole' - I will finish this - sometime. the third project I started after learning to purl, and my own design. I need to finish it just for completion.
'Catspaw Stole' - started in crochet - needs to be ripped out and redone in knit.
'anniversary Pi' - my variation on the Shetland Tea Shawl from GOL - done as the anniversary Pi for EZPI yahoo group. about 12 rows and edge to go. completed 10/18/06
'KYOAMPI #1' the "summer garden' mystery pi from EZPI yahoo group - at about the same stage as the anniversary pi. I WANTED to have this done by July - if I get it done by next July I will be happy - will go to cousin's daughter as a wedding gift (belated)
.... situation normal!
I really, really sat down and concentrated on doing an M1 backwards and finally got it. It's amazing sometimes how a guy can't get his mind to do something different.
Thanks for the advice everyone.
Need help. I am working on this Debbie Bliss sweater and I'm on an increase row. However the increases are done along a purl row and are leaving holes that look like crap. What the heck am I doing wrong??? I'm off to unknit that row....
Ok, so I've just finished the sleeves for the Jaqueline Fee sweater and am about to start putting all the pieces together. But While I was working on the sleeves I though I was going to run out of space before I added all the necassary increases, so what I did was to add more increases more often to get all the stitches before I finished the upper arm.
I have now finished both sleeves but as I have inceased more stitches in the last few rows I seem to have a little bingo wing thing happening. Im considering frogging back to where I started increasing more and spacing them more evenly to stop the bingo wings, but its gonna take me at least another couple of days. I guess I really should cos Im not really that happy with them so I supposed Ive answered my question really. In which case, thanks for listening to my rant guys.
Does anyone ever use the chat feature? Just wondering...
...always has bubbles, as my friend's Russian colleague Yelena points out every time there are teething problems.
So after a week and a half with some kind of foul chest infection (why can't I get ill in the winter like everyone else?) I've finally finished the upper of the first clog. And it's enormous, around 30% bigger than my foot. Maybe I can get it to shrink that much; if not I need to find a friend with very large feet and thick ankles. Of course, it's a basic translation error which if I hadn't been so enthusiastic and read the pattern properly, I could have avoided: US size 9 definitely does not equal 9mm.
It's called On-line Supersocke 100, (www.online-garne.de), with a 45% cotton, 40% virgin wool, and 15% polyamid content, the yarn feels really great when knitted into socks. I used a size 2 bamboo needle for the stocking stitch portion of the sock, and a size 1 bamboo needle for the ribs.
The sock is soft, cool, and feels great...very different from the feel of the superwash wool I usually use for socks, and even feels better than the acrylic yarns I've used for socks.
On the size 2 needles it knits at 7 1/2 st/1".
I hated this yarn at first, and have found that the rib really needs to be knitted on smaller needles over the stocking stitch (something I don't usually do with socks), and once I made this minor adjustment, I've come to love this yarn.