So I had started on the boxers and was working away on the back panel and struggling with the yarn. It seems that even though I'm using the same yarns; the color (red) seems to make this yarn a lot more difficult to work with. So as I worked with it, it would snag my hands and snag on the cable/needle join.
TallGuy sent me a message about gauge and I checked it, sure enough the gauge is wrong and I had holes! Holes in the undies is not a good thing. I guess I was so focused on working the yarn that I didn't notice.
So I ripped it all out and started over again. I did several rows and then went to watch TV and knit. Well, I got engrossed in the show and got into a groove with the knitting. All was going well. Until I looked down and realized that I had been knitting both sides!
It looked nice and I had found my tension and the gauge seemed good, but not stockinette stitch! So I ripped it all out and just finished my show, which is Dead Like Me - go figure.
I also got so frustrated with the yarn, that I ordered some yarn from KnitPicks in case this third time just doesn't work. I'm determined to make it work, but I'm not that stubborn!
So between computer systems (yes, multiple) and people breaking on me, it just seems natural that the knitting would be problematic! ;-)
It's a good thing I do this to practice patience!