I’m working on a double-knit pair of fingerless gloves. Like most of my projects it’s a learn-as-you-go affair. With single layer stuff I don’t really have a problem taking it off the needles and ripping it back and putting it back on the needles. Sometimes anyway. But with double knitting projects whenever I’ve done that it has always turned into a bit of a clusterphuque, if you’ll pardon my Irish.
So I decided to get a couple of size 000 addi turbos (one for each layer/side) and pick up the first leg of each stockinette stitch all the way around and then turn the whole thing inside out and do it all over again on the other side. I’ve tried it a few times and up until today it had never worked and I always ended up having to start over. Today I took the work out into direct sunlight and worked very slowly and carefully and it worked! I’m always amazed when an old dog like myself can learn a new trick like this.