Here are a couple of pairs of fingerless gloves I’ve made for my friends Aurora and Amy. They are serious sports fans. Two of their favorite teams are the San Francisco Giants and the Stanford Women’s Basketball team. I took the logos from the teams from their websites and then just blew them up till they pixelated. Then I transferred the pattern from there onto graph paper. On my first attempt at the pattern I just did a simple transfer from the pixelated logo. That didn’t come out right. To make it come out right I had to do something like a 3 to 5 ratio, i.e. the width of the vertical parts of the letters was 3 stitches and the height of the horizontal parts was 5 stitches on the Giants gloves and 5 to 8 on the Stanford gloves.
Not sure where I’m going to go after this. I’ve got another twine number on the needles right now. It’s a double knitted, Fair Isle affair. It’s more of a folly than anything else. I just want to see what it’ll look like. I like the look of the twine. My last twine project was in garter stitch. This will be all stockinette.
I’d also really like to explore Anna Zilborg’s Turkish socks. I just got her book out of the library again today. I think I’m going to give them a go.