what do you call this type of patter? any clues ?

Hi guys,

Its been a long time since I knit! and I need to do this project to make some sleeves for a costume. This, or something similar is what I want, but I am feeling dumb that I can't figure it out. Any one know what this, or some similar patter, is?

Any help is appreciated.

Image icon sock1.jpg268.56 KB
Image icon sock1closeup.jpg108.77 KB


gardenguy42's picture

This looks similar to the "Faggot Diamond Pattern" in Mary Thomas's Book of Knitting Patterns, pp. 142 - 144. It is eyelet pattern with an eleven row repeat of a multiple of 8 stitches plus 3 with slip 1, knit one, paso and k2tog decreases combined with yarn overs.

I knit a small sample for you on larger needles so you can see it up close but I'm not sure how to attach a photo to a comment so I will write a blog post and attach it there for you. It looks really close to the pattern of your sock to me.

Hope this is helpful!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi