Photo of INOX Line Marker

Everyone has been helpful and I appreciate the response. I decided to put a photo of the item I'm looking for. The book calls this a "line marker" but I see on the item it's called a "pattern marker". I'm still looking!

Image icon INOX line marker.jpg239.91 KB


Kerry's picture

Jesse, I bought something similar to this years ago at a shop that sold embroidering charts, yarns, etc. It comprised a metal sheet with various sized magnetic strips so you could follow a line of pattern.

kylewilliam's picture

I use a magnet on a metal board (my mom used to use the same thing for cross stitch) - the thing you're showing looks like something you could make out of heavy plastic or something? I like the magnet/board thing - it works really well for complicated fair isle - I put the magnet on top of the row - (working from bottom up) so that as I move it I can see the row I am working on and the pattern for the rows I have completed - it helps keep everything lined up :)



Joe E's picture

This isn't exactly like the one in your picture, but it would be a bit more portable than the magnetic boards.

Joe E

kiwiknitter's picture

I like this but it looks near to impossible to order since I would have to live in the US and shop around at the stores which carry this item to see if it is in stock. Thanks for the link, anyway!

My knitting is totally tubular!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.  ~Billy Connolly

Celowin's picture

You might want to try searching for "bookmarks" rather than "pattern markers." With a little bit of digging I found several bookmarks of similar design. Unfortunately, every place I looked wanted a minimum order of several hundred.