I finished my knitalong scarf yesterday, blocked it overnight, and just took pictures to share.
I put a 3 stitch garter stitch border around the main pattern. I liked how the border looked before blocking, but stretching it brought out some undesirable features. If you look at the closeup photo, it appears there are eyelets between the main pattern and the border. If it occurred on both sides I would like the effect, but since it only occurs on the one side the scarf seems unbalanced.
I should have increased/decreased during the garter stitch on the two ends, as there is very noticable flair out. I don't personally mind it, but I know it is considered "wrong." Similarly, there is definite bias to the pattern, which seems to go diagonally across rather than straight. Even if it is not the way the original pattern was intended, I like the way my eyes get lost in it.
I don't have much else to share other than the technical details...
Yarn: Knitpicks "Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand Dye" in color "Spumoni." (2 balls)
Needles: US #11 straight, bamboo
Final Length: 5'9" after blocking
Project Started: 9/17/07
Project Bound Off: 9/21/07