After seeing the fabulous Column Of Leaves scarf that Steve Lyle had done, I was so intrigued by the pattern that I wanted to try one too. The pattern was really quite easy and the results are really quite nice. It's one of those patterns where the finished object makes it look much harder than it really was. There are a few errors in my work though. Just a few P2TOG's where there should have been P2TBL's. By the time I realized I had made the error though, I was already a few rows past and I wasn't all that keen on ripping it back.
I used worsted weight Lion Brand felting yarn which was left over from the "Bordello Slippers" that I made, and size 7 needles. I didn't get a measurement of the scarf length prior to blocking but the finished length after blocking is 76 inches. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't have enough of the yarn to make it a decent length, but I stretched it as tightly as I could when I blocked it and it all worked out fine.
The attached picture shows right and wrong sides of the scarf.