Well this is the first piece that I've ever blocked and let me tell you it was frightening. This is the Prarie Shawl form Folk Shawls done in Cascade 220 (no color name on the label) #8 needles. It's a mother's day present for my mom. Anyway the scariest part was putting it in the water. I followed the instructions from Stitch 'n Bitch and used my Crew shower gel for soap it worked really well and rinsed out easily and the shawl smells great. After I pulled it out of the final rinse it fely like a medium size wet road kill. When I started blocking it it seem to grow to twice it's actual size. I pulled out my tape measure and just started working it into the correct shape and size. The shawl seemed to know what I wanted it to do because in no time I had it blocked out. Hopefully all will be well when I pull it up tonight.