Here I am again with another update. Finished with ball #4 with 6 more left, but I'm thinking it will take about 8 1/2 balls to complete.
After finishing the first lace pattern I got a bit forgetful and failed to count my stitched like I should, I attempted to fix a flub 3 rows back. I actually made 2 mistakes in the same area in two different rows and after trying to erase the mistake in the small area I made it worst and ended up ripping five rows. The funny thing about this last fiasco, I never felt too upset nor frustrated.
Before I ripped the rows, I attempted to retro fit a life line. It was a great experiment and a greater failure. Some how line did not hold the stitches. It took over an hour to add the life"less" line and another 2 hours to reattach the needle onto the shawl.
Live and learn and I'm learning allot from this project. It is nap time so all I need to do is include the stitch count.
Yarn used so far: just over 4 balls
Stitch count (on needles): 610 sts
Stitch count (total): 45216
Total # of lace pattern holes: 4664
Until next time...