I finally finished my first cardigan. Unfortunately, it’s an inch or so too small around the chest. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I totally altered the pattern. I found a pattern for a “Men’s Irish Cardigan” on the internet, but didn’t really like the cable pattern, so I decided to pull a left-twist section out of another sweater and just repeat it throughout the sweater instead. Hey, the gauge swatch came out the same, so I figured I was good to go. Well, I was half way through the back before I noticed that I was reading the pattern wrong. Instead of repeating Twist, Knit I was doing Twist, Twist, Knit. As BuduR once commented to someone, “once is a mistake, twice is a pattern”! It was still nice enough looking, so I continued on. All in all, I’m pretty happy with it. As long as I don’t button it up, I can wear it (that way no one can see how crappy the buttonholes came out). I had fun making it, and it was a great learning experience. I used acrylic yarn - Caron “Simply Soft” (it really is) and the color is Autumn Red.
Many thanks to everyone who offered their expert advice along the way (those sections came out really nicely!). On to the next project!