Somewhere on the net, I came across the most interesting looking socks. But she was selling the pattern, and I thought "I can make those" -- famous last words!
But I set out to do them as a challenge, and with the help of a really great sockknitter, we were able to work out the pattern. Hers were knit cuff down, but we did ours toe up. I had just been showing some women different provisional cast-ons, so what better way to use one of them. I like the idea of making the sock fit ME, with little waste, and toe-up is the perfect way to go.
Once I got the toe done, and started in the patterning, it was rather simple to do, and I really was excited to see where the next rib was going to go! There were many different designs going through my head as I worked on these, rather boring, socks. It was, after all, simple 2/2 ribs!
I liked the design on the sole, and had plans to make one sock with that design on top, one on the sole. But I was so excited to turn the heel that I forgot and put the heel on the same side of both socks! Oh, well, an excuse to make one more.
They fit just perfectly!! I love when that happens.