So, I finished my first hat. It turned out way too big. If I pull it down it goes to my chin. :-) So, since I followed the pattern for a 22" head, my gauge must be off I guess. They say to do a test swatch to check your gauge, but who follows directions! I guess I will now.
Still, I am happy with the way the decreases turned out on top. I am gong to start another hat and try some ribbing around the brim so I don't get that turned up brim like you see in the picture.
I also made my first pieces of i-cord, how much fun is that! I love the stuff. I just need to find something to do with it. I had some left over orange Lamb's Pride so I practice making i-cord, it works up so fast. Feels good to be able to crank out yardage like that. You can see in the attached pictures that I tried casting on 2, 3 and 5 stitches.
Not sure what I am making next, I think another hat with some ribbing. Time to learn to purl, I hope it doesn't slow me down too much.