Update: I did a 3 needle bind off ... without the binding off ... can you believe it... I was so focussed on not dropping stitches because my circular needles had a fault... the plastic stitch holding part kept coming unattached from the needle and dropping all my stitches. I was so focussed on that that I forgot to bind off... so then I just did a simple cast off.
On casting off I realised that yes my gauge was correct all along and ... the extra 50 yes 50 stitches makes a hell of a difference... so I think I will just call it a loss.
From a Where's Wally hat ... it is going to get stuffed even further... with stuffing and it will become a ball for my dog to play with. Yes I am just going to gather all the stitches at edge and pull it all together and ... have nothing further to do with it... except us it in games of fetch with my dog.
Thank god it will be useful for something... and being acryllic ... I can wash it when it gets all mangky.
Defectived circular needle now in rubbish bin. All odd socks and old play toys(material bone) of dog is now inside the Where's Wally BALL ...including the dog's favourite squeaker...so has a choowey, squeaky ball to play with.
....silver lining after all :)
Will post later in the week my Where's Wally Ball
Original Posting:I wanted to wear a Where's Wally costume for Book Week... I started a week before and ... as in my usual style, fouled up the instructions.
I'll keep going with this project even though it is already soooo wrong.... but will see how it turns out.