I'll share the most recent project I've completed I actually have a picture of, this kickass hat I designed on the fly. (I've gotten a lot better since I was last active on here.)
Someone asked me for the pattern, so here it is (as best as I can figure since, you know, I kind of improvised):
Yarn: Burly Spun, "Strawberry Patch"
Needles: 20" size 13 circular needles and size 8 dpns
1. CO 64 stitches (I used a 2-needle CO) and place stitch marker at the beginning of the row.
2. Join ends and knit 9 rows.
3. Knit 2 rows, then K2 P2 2 rows. Repeat 4 times.
4. K7, then K2tog for 2 rows.
5. Transfer stitches to dpns.
6. K1, then K2tog until there are 4 stitches on your needles.
7. Bind off and work in ends using a crochet hook or yarn needle.
Notes: I know you're supposed to use the same size dpns, but the 8s were the biggest ones I had and since it decreases so fast, it's not really noticeable. The yarn I used is on the pricy end, but I LOVED working with it. Oh, and I initially made a pom-pon for the top, then decided I liked it better without. But feel free to experiment.