I finished knitting these last weekend, and ran them trough one cycle in the washer. Then it died. I had been expecting it from the sounds I'd been hearing from it, and the dampness on my basement floor in front of it. My neighbor let me run them through a cycle in her machine, and that helped, but they still needed more so I just decided to wait until I replaced my machine.
We bought our new washer Friday night and had our plumber come this morning to replace the water faucets for the washer because we discovered that they were in need of replacing (they wouldn't shut off!). So, after finishing laundry today, I threw these in for one more cycle just to finish them off.
The yarn I used was Nashua, Wooly Stripes in Cognac that I bought at a buy one get two free sale. I think I might have gotten the greys and browns to pop a little more had I tried to "line up" the colors when I started each skein but I didn't bother. Still though, I like how they turned out. I've already started a second pair with another yarn!
Here's before and after pics.