This is the sweater vest I finished recently. I'm very proud of it -- though of course as I was getting ready to photograph it last night, I noticed a pretty glaring (to me, anyway) error. Seems I spaced out one row of cabling on the front side.
I got the whole batch of gray yarn at a yard sale for about 5 bucks total. Added the black for another 5 or so. So pretty economical, all told. ;)
Pattern is from Tricoter's "Simply Beautiful Sweaters for Men". The photo doesn't show the detail as well as I'd like, but it's all cables. Two different cable patterns running side-by-side up the entire lentgh of the work makes for what looks much more complicated than it really was to knit.
The second photo is me wearing it (note to self -- lay off the donuts!), along with my honey.